Thursday, January 21, 2010

Area Man Lukewarm on the Entire Trader Joe's Experience


Trader Joe's employee Barb Cramer chats it up with customer Kevin Maxwell

Kevin Maxwell of Des Peres - Sorry. I can't stand the place. The people who work there are off-the-charts chatty. You're not allowed to leave the store without first engaging in pointless banter with the cashier for 10 minutes. My usual response to their annoying conversation starters is something like: "Do I have any big plans for the weekend? Uhhh, I might. But that's not really your concern, now is it?...Yeah, yeah, it's Friday and you were just trying to make conversation - Thanks for explaining. Let me explain something: Your role in my life isn't "BFF who keeps me company while checking out". It's "Thing that bags my items and tells me what I owe"...
OH! 'You don't get paid enough to put up with assholes like me'??? Really! What time does the pity party start?... Yeah, yeah...blahbiddy-blah, blah, blah. Just shut the fuck up and run my card, already. You brought this on yourself"
- (Page 3A)

No comments:

Post a Comment